The life of...

The Life of......Momma Duck, Papa Duke, Baby Goose and Baby Elf

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Baggage

I feel burdened
I feel broken
I feel alone
I feel devastated
I feel scared

The fresh start reeks
It reeks of old and tears
More pain
More baggage
Will this hell ever end?

I feel disappointed
I feel so hurt
I feel so worried
The fear is overwhelming

I saw the signs once more
Only this time I wasn't so naive
I knew
Lies began to pour
Each drop reopened wounds
Wounds more jagged
I worry if they could heal

I remember the vows
I remember my purity
I remember my joy
I remember my love
I remember my trust
I remember being cherished

The vows have been broken
They have been trampled in the dust
My purity was scorned
My purity was not protected
My joy is a memory
My love now hurts
My trust dissolved in the blood of each wound

I am not cherished
I am not loved
I am not......
enough

This baggage I carry
The weight is immense
I don't know how much more I can pack in these bags
My heart hurts
My wounds are gushing blood
I pray one day this hell ends

No comments:

Post a Comment