The life of...

The Life of......Momma Duck, Papa Duke, Baby Goose and Baby Elf

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fresh Start

I never understood the value or the allure of a fresh start until recently. I've heard many times how so and so longs for a fresh start, or how wonderful it will be to have a clean slate.

I understand now. I am looking forward to leaving this house in a couple weeks. I am looking forward to leaving Kentucky soon. Kentucky was suppose to be our start to life, not a clean slate at the time, as we had nothing to clean, but it was suppose to be a start to our family and our life. Kentucky did not end in the fashion we had believed it would. I can say with most certainty that Kentucky brought us our children and nothing else that I would like to hold on to. I look at the walls and see the pain etched in them. I feel the suffocating stench of hardship.

I look forward to leaving behind the pain. I feel optimistic that wounds can heal better when the walls don't scream reminders. Kentucky gave me my babies....I'm ready to take them away and leave this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment