The life of...

The Life of......Momma Duck, Papa Duke, Baby Goose and Baby Elf

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

Here I sit 4 hours left until we great a new year marveling at what this year has been. Our family has experienced a lot of ups and downs in this year. I've felt pain and sorrow that hit my soul, we have had such joy that I still cannot believe we can celebrate. So as many people think of their goals or list things they want to get down in the new year. I am not for the first time that I can recall.

I have joined millions of others who every year say I will lose the weight, or I'll do this more, or this less. And look towards the changes I can make in this next year. But after the year we have had I have learned one thing. I only get this moment once, nothing is guaranteed. There is no saying that tomorrow I will actually be here to "change" all the things I am unhappy with. Instead I'm content.

So I do not have changes this year, I have a goal. To find the beauty in the situations that meet me today. I've been doing this a lot since our Judah joined us. Life has been a bit challenging since he came. Our 3 year old has had some issues adjusting and well, having a newborn in the house is a lot of work. I've had issues with breastfeeding, I've been double teamed with the kids overnight and live on about 3 hours of sleep a night, my house is a consistent mess, and trying to make time to feed this house....well its a challenge. But as everyone asks how we are and say sorry we are tired or such, I'm not sorry. I am so insanely happy to have our son. I am happy to be up at all hours, and even tho the mess is making me nuts, its there for a reason. I will never experience my children this young again. And most likely we will never have another newborn in the house. So while its hard and I'm exhausted I will enjoy this. I will find the beauty in it, and I will rejoice in my circumstances.

Happy New Year! I hope that it brings blessings and that whatever your goals or changes are, you are able to meet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment