The life of...

The Life of......Momma Duck, Papa Duke, Baby Goose and Baby Elf

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bed Rest Day 15

I can't believe I've been on bed rest for 15 days now. It feels like forever to be honest. I'm tired of not feeling like mom and wife mostly. This morning was particularly rough. My daughter was so displeased with everything. Dad got her set up with breakfast and a drink and then hugs and kisses and off to work. I got her play dough before laying on the couch and then went and laid down. However as soon as I did the whining began, she needed a new drink, she didn't want her breakfast, she wanted a snack, everything put her into tears. And here I am, I tend to get up more than I should because well, lunches have to be made, even if its quick its up, drinks have to be refilled, and even if you try to time it out it doesn't always work. But I do try to stay immobile the longest time possible that I can. And considering I think I do a pretty darn good job.

Over the past 15 days, we had thanksgiving which as a lot of work, I ended up being up a lot of the day, but I was good the following days. Husband has done well to get dinner for us when he gets home from work, tho the exhaustion on his face is unavoidable. Our daughter has done pretty good. But I do wish I could get up and play with her. We have done a lot of playing while I lay down, but its not expelling energy in the way she should. I am happy she has the one day of preschool a week, or else she really wouldn't have any physical challenges other than the hour or so that hubby chases her around the house.

Its been hard, mentally, physically and emotionally. I go into the doc again tomorrow and hope to spend the remainder of my pregnancy upright.

No comments:

Post a Comment